Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First fitness blog

Well, this is my first post on my new blog.  This blog will be dedicated to my fitness and weight loss goals.

I decided to do this because I think that I eat good and exercise a lot, but really I think I am over estimating how good I am really doing.  So, each day I will (try) to post what I eat and what activities I am doing.  Maybe making myself publicly accountable will help me stay on track and not make those tiny, but fatal mistakes.

I will start by saying that last night I ran 2.3 miles without stopping for 30 minutes!  Now, I do realize how incredibly slow that is, but 7 weeks ago I could not do that.  Saturday I will I run my first 5K race since last December.  It is something I just had to train for and work for on my own, which is why no one but my family knows I am doing it (well, until now I guess).  I know I will not have a very good time, but I am going to complete it!  About the first half of it is all up hill, so that is the biggest challenge.

So, here is to eating well and exercising more!!  =)

1 comment:

  1. Meghan!!! That's fantastic!! I know you're a runner/walker/do-er but you just had a freakin' baby!! Don't be so hard on yourself. That is not slow at all! Your body is still healing. I am so impressed! Really. Man, I am still processing the whole running 2.3 miles that I don't even know what to say, haha. GOOD LUCK on your 5k! I can't wait to hear how it went!!

    ReplyDelete