Friday, November 19, 2010

Well, I did not get to post yesterday.  We had some upsets with Lexie's tummy yesterday.  However I did manage to eat relatively well and I got in some weight lifting and leg lifts!

I should probably mention that I am doing weight watchers points.  I get extra because I am breast feeding but it really helps me keep in check that those small slip ups count BIG!

------
Well, I started that yesterday and things got a little nuts around here, so I lost track.  But i do know I was under my allotted weight watchers points!

So, today is a new day.  I went grocery shopping and got LOTS of those good frozen veggies in the steam bags.  Did you know studies have shown that frozen veggies are just as good, if not better than fresh?  Also, they are much better for you than canned!!  I got several bags of those, some frozen chicken breasts, granola (real) bars, a bottle of red wine and some rice.

Today I had Zoe's chicken salad sandwich with a fresh salad on the side.  I am not sure how many points that is, but I am sure it's quite a bit, so I am going super light for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow is my first race since December of last year, when I ran the Jungle Bell 5K!  This is the Spa 10K/5K race.  Last year I ran the 10K over the mountain, but this year I was not able to train as long or hard so I decided to try for the 5K, which is super hilly.  =)  Not a mountain, but I can settle for 1.5 miles up hill I guess.  It starts at 8:00 and I am a little nervous because I only got one run in this week.  Poor Lexie has had a terrible week so yesterday I was just too pooped out to run.  I took a shower and went to bed.

However, I did get my blinking saftey light since the sun sets at 5:00 now so it will be completely dark when I start my runs in the evening.

Here is the deal, Lexie is too young to run in the jogger just yet, and it will be way too cold in Dec-Feb for her when she is able to jog in it.  So until then, J.tom has to watch her for me while I go run.  This means I cannot go run until after 5:00 when he gets home, which is fine with me.  It gives him and Lexie some quality time and me some much needed "mental clarity" time.  SO on Mondays and Thursdays I run with the Pacers, and then I am going to start a spin class on Tuesdays at the Y.  I really miss spin classes!!  (and that 500 calorie burn you get!)

So, this is my update for the last few days.. whew, sorry I have not been doing so well writing daily, but hopefully I will get better.

Oh, also I have decided to do a small workout tip on some of my posts for us busy mamas, students, and hard workers.

Tip of the day: take 10 minutes to lift a moderately heavy set of weights.  Do a few set of bicep curls and a few shoulder presses.  Ten minutes is all you need!!

No comments:

Post a Comment